What do you know about masks?
Instructions for use of the mask, correct materials and useful information for protection against coronavirus covid-19
The first way to prevent coronavirus transmission is to use an appropriate mask by everyone. But how much do you know about your mask and how and where to wear it?
- Surgical mask: consists of 3 layers – the outer and colored water repellent, the middle filter of microorganisms and the inner white vapor absorber of exhalation. Mainly intended for health professions. Caution! It should not be worn upside down otherwise the exhalation droplets are trapped between the mask and the mouth and cause a feeling of suffocation!
- Non-surgical mask: usually fabric, either commercially available or made at home from cotton fabric. It is used by the general public and not by health professionals.
- High respiratory protection mask: Mask with or without valve that does not prevent the emission of droplets. It is not recommended for use by the public, but is made for healthcare staff.
WHERE TO WEAR MASK?
According to the instructions of EODY, the use of a mask is mandatory in all outdoor and indoor areas and we make it mandatory to use it in all areas of the clinic.
HOW TO WEAR A MASK?
Caution! Proper use of the mask is the key to its effectiveness and protection of the person who wears it. Let’s look at them step by step:
- Wash your hands with soap or sterilize them with antiseptic before putting on or taking off the mask.
- We grab the mask first from the laces and pass it to the ears. Then we open it by pulling from above and below, so that it fits well and the nose and mouth are completely covered.
- If the mask has a metal plate at the height of the nose, we press it gently around its back so that it fits perfectly. This also helps a lot for those who wear glasses because it prevents the water vapor droplets from blurring their glasses!
- Be careful not to touch the mask while wearing it as you can carry the virus with your fingers.
- When the mask gets wet we have to throw it away. For lovers of marine animals, it is also advisable to cut the laces before discarding the mask, thus preventing the animals from being trapped by any masks that may end up in the air at sea.
- If you use reusable fabric masks, wash them as soon as possible with soap at 60 ° C.
“We hope that this ordeal will pass quickly and that we will all soon return to our normal daily lives.”